Salesman's work is always challenging. Ask anyone who works in this sphere and he will confirm it. Especially when it comes to sales in the technology sector, for example in the field of aluminum doors and profiles. The Sales Manager's income depends on the result: the more he sells the more he gets, so far not everyone is capable of achieving success. Why do some sellers earn a new car for a week, while others cannot repay the loan? They have different sales skills: some salesmen love their work, sell with ease, getting real pleasure from it. Others force themselves to do it, never want to progress, so their results are low.
This article is a beginning of a series of publications about the key skills that should be possessed by a successful Sales Manager. Now you will be able to see the two major principles, and five life hacks for those who want to start a successful trade with THERMEVO or someone who is already involved in it.
1. A good salesman loves the customer and wants to help him
The seller, who does not love the client and aims to sell his goods at any price can only "push" the deal. In other words, he can force the customer to buy a product using various psychological tricks and manipulation. Such Sales Manager is unable to work with the same buyers for a long time. He does not love them, which means they will never love him.
The second point comes from this:
2. A good salesman loves what he sells
The seller helps the customer selling him a quality product or service, so he feels useful and happy. This principle works in reverse - the person who sells something he does not like will never be happy. In THERMEVO, we sell a high-quality polyamide insulating strips, to companies who are interested in it. We paint our product using powder coating technology, so it becomes even more durable. The priority of our work is getting the most loyal customers in the long-term perspective, not short-term profit.
In addition to our main product - aluminum profiles, we also give our customers our software solution FLIXO Cloud - the first online thermal conductivity analysis and optimisation tool. Using it our client does not have to install anything on his PC to optimise U(f) value of energy efficient aluminum windows, doors, facades - everything works in the cloud. Also, he can invite any number of people to count drawings and share the results with each other.
If you want to become a successful Sales Manager, use the five following life hacks:
1. Goods is a much bigger part of the seller's life than the customer's life. All attempts to explain that your product is the most important part of the client's business, perceived as inappropriate pressure even though the seller truly believes in what he says.
2. All people with no exception have at least one thing in common: they are all different! The customer surely knows the seller has other clients. Nevertheless, all he needs is just to know that while communicating with him, the seller thinks only about this particular customer's problem and nothing else. This rule may seem simple but, in practice, many Sales Managers ignore it.
3. You need to become remembered! People trust those whom they know and tend to buy from them.
4. Lying to your customer is prohibited. There are so many lies all around us that the manager who tells the truth will stand out. Besides, lies usually get disclosed and then you have to forget about long-term relationships.
5. Try to spend at least five days applying these tips and do so with everything that will help you become more professional. It is the only way to assess the quality of new information and turn it into professional skills.
Improve your sales skills and increase your income. Subscribe to our blog and get our tips straight to your inbox.